Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm not kidding!

I'm not, when I say that this cinnamon is the best I've ever tasted. It's sweet and spicy and cinnamon-y ALL BY ITSELF. I made some baked oatmeal this morning for breakfast (recipe below) and this cinnamon just makes it so much better. I keep saying it, but it's true!

Baked Oatmeal
Prep: 5 min, Cook time, 30 min.
Ingredients:
2 c. old-fashioned oats; 1/4 c. veg. oil (canola is good); 1/4 tsp. salt; 1 tsp. cinnamon; 3/4 c. milk; 1 tsp. baking powder; 2 eggs; 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
Preheat to 350 degrees. Mix above together and press into 8-inch square pan (ungreased). Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done, starting to brown and cooked through. (Optional: Serve with warm milk. Stewed or baked apples poured over it is very good, too, as is apples or dried blueberries baked into the cake.)
This makes an excellent breakfast or snack. Very nutritious as well as delicious! It's a favorite in this house, especially on cold mornings. I don't care for regular oatmeal cereal, but this stuff is excellent!
http://sahmsnwahms.com/subpage.html

No comments:

Google