Friday, July 6, 2007

I made the Mandarin Orange Tart

And it is GOOD! Funny thing, though, I read the recipe wrong (something I rarely do but I was in a hurry) and used FOUR cups of milk instead of 3/4 cup! I kept thinking, "Wow, I wonder how this is going to firm up?" After I got it all made, I thought there was no way so I looked at the recipe again. 3/4 cup. I was so disgusted with myself! So much for being in a hurry. Thankfully I had another bag of marshmallows and another container of whipping cream. I had more mandarin oranges, but I was able to just rinse off and drain the ones I had used. I was even able to salvage the one store-bought graham cracker crust I used (I didn't mess with making my own crust), thankfully, because I had prepared it by brushing a beaten egg and baking it first. I poured out as much as I could off of it, wiped the rest off and it worked fine. The tart was VERY good. However, I think next time I'm going to figure out a way to put cream cheese into the top layer as well. I think it will taste even better that way. I'm also thinking of an experimental recipe using the dip mix and I'll let you know how it turns out when I make it.

No comments:

Google